Saturday, October 22, 2011

Epic night of drinking song and dance

Last night I had one of those nights you only see in movies about Ireland. I mean seriously. Random impromptu band playing traditional Irish music, little old ladies singing and handing out sandwhiches, everyone in love with the cheeky American girl. It was amazing

Tired of sitting home alone, I decided to head to one of the pubs down the way. I started at the meatmarket place, never a good idea. After an hour of sitting alone, no one really talking to me, I decided to head to the old man pub closer to my house. BEST IDEA EVER!!!!!! When I walked in I was greeted by the sounds of traditonal Irish music being played by a lovely, yet motely, group of musicians. It took all of about four seconds for the little old Irish men at the table right by the door to start flirting with me, offering their seats for me, and buying my cider for the rest of the night. Everyone was warm and genuine, laughing, having a great time, waltzing and doing the two step and periodically bursting into song when the band decided it was time to stop for a drink or four. There was even the tiniest little old Irish Mammy I have ever seen, carrying around a tray of sandwhiches making sure everyone ate periodically whose only response to me when I told her I wanted to be her when I grew up was "Ah bless, but you are full of it." As the night progressed and the beer flowed freer the party just got better until I finally couldn't dance, sing or drink anymore and headed home.

Needless to say.... I am going back next Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment