Thursday, December 1, 2011

Writing everything but my paper

Dublin is getting colder, and by colder I mean, that lovely icy cold which cuts in, hurts a little with the first few breaths outside, and brings a rosy healthy colour to your cheeks. In other words it is practically perfect. The only thing which would make it better would be snow.

While the upcoming holiday of mas-consumption hasn't really made it down to my neighborhood yet, the city centre and Grafton street areas have been taken over with white lights everywhere and some of the most spectacular window displays I have seen in a very long time, my favorite being Brown Thomas, which whimsically depicts my favorite ballets, including the most magical and inspired vision of Swan Lake ever. I can't wait for the Christmas markets to start showing up and adding fantastic smells to the already scrumptious feast for the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment