Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sometimes it is the little things

I don't really get homesick anymore. I guess maybe it is because where I am living feels more like home to me than most places I have ever lived. That being said, there is still something about things from where you grew up which can be a little slice of heaven, especially when one is a little under the weather. Today it was two snickerdoodles, which happen to be my favorite cookie in the world, from my favorite hometown bakery.

It is amazing how something so small can give you comfort. Just that familiar taste of sugar cookie rolled in cinnamon and brown sugar with a nice cup of coffee makes life a little sweeter and some how offsets the tired, fuzzy headed feeling of having a cold. Walking home from the post office, with my coffee and cookies, watching the Dubs running around, battling the mist and cold today was pretty close to heaven and the perfect way to get ready for my 36 hours in London, which starts tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment